Open / Public Events.
SKILLSOLVE Training Ltd is a 'broker' for professional management training, sourcing training for clients worldwide from a number of specialist training providers. Our selection process ensures that each training event will use a suitable venue and an appropriate Approved Trainer, and will aim to train between 4 and 16 Delegates (numbers may vary on virtual classroom training). Pre-course reading materials may be supplied to each Delegate prior to the event. Materials will be despatched within two working days of completed order by Royal Mail or Courier.
• SKILLSOLVE will deliver the course content as advertised or described in our quotation. By placing the order, you confirm that you have the delegates' permission to receive communications (inc. results) from SKILLSOLVE on their behalf.
• SKILLSOLVE reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any open course. Delegates not be able to attend a 'Re-scheduled' course will be refunded the invoiced value, less the value of any non-returned or opened 'pre-course' materials. SKILLSOLVE cannot cover the re-imbursement of any costs incurred due to the cancellation of the course (e.g. travel/hotel etc).
• When the 'Open' Event is 'Residential', SKILLSOLVE will reserve a Hotel room for the duration of the course. This will be confirmed in our 'Joining Instructions' issued to each Delegate at least three weeks prior to the event.
• ALL materials supplied remain the property of SKILLSOLVE until payment is received in full. Copyright exists on all materials supplied in any form. Copying, transfer or storage by whatever means may only be performed with the express written permission of the Directors of SKILLSOLVE Project Management Ltd.
• Examinations are booked on the delegates' behalf with the appropriate Examination Institute and cancellation of any exam after confirmation will not be eligible for any refund.
Open / Public Event Cancellation and Course Transfer Charges
Cancellation or Course Transfer Requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to Admin@Skillsolve.co.uk
All cancellations must be in writing at least 28 working days before the scheduled start of the course. NO REFUNDS can or will be made for cancellations received less than 28 working days before the course start and the full payment will be due.
All transfers must be in writing at least 28 working days before the scheduled start of the course. Only SOME REFUNDS can or will be made for transfers received less than 28 working days before the course based on the reason for transferring. If declined by any of our providers then full payment will be due regardless.
Corporate / Client Events
Where Delegates (maximum 16) are required to be trained on-site, the Client may organize his/her own event using the venue of their choice. The venue should be equipped with tables and chairs which can be arranged 'U-shaped' for training and 'Classroom-style' for the examinations. The room should be equipped with a Multimedia LCD Projector and screen and an A1 flip-chart or White-board with a supply of suitable coloured pens. Refreshment (Tea/Coffee) and Washroom facilities should be available nearby. A 240V supply would be required to operate a Laptop computer and/or LCD Projector.
• All dealings with the Client will be through the clients own appointed Course Administrator. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, the Clients' Course Administrator must have the delegates' permission to receive communications (inc. results) from SKILLSOLVE on their behalf.
• SKILLSOLVE will deliver the course content as described in our quotation. SKILLSOLVE will provide pre-course reading materials prior to the commencement of the course. These will be sent to the Clients Course Administrator when confirmation of a booking has been received.
• Details of Delegates attending a course must be forwarded to SKILLSOLVE at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the event. (4 weeks for non-UK-based courses). Failure to do so could lead to the Delegates not being registered for the Examinations. Examinations are booked on the delegate's behalf with the appropriate Examination Institute and cancellation of any exam after confirmation will not be eligible for any refund.
• SKILLSOLVE reserve the right to cancel or discontinue the course if, in the Trainers opinion, the venue or conditions are unsuitable.
• ALL materials supplied remain the property of SKILLSOLVE until payment has been received in full. Copyright exists on all materials supplied in any form. Copying, transfer or storage by whatever means may only be performed with the express written permission of the Directors of SKILLSOLVE Training Ltd.
Corporate / Client Event Cancellation and Course Transfer Charges
Cancellation or Course Transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to Admin@Skillsolve.co.uk
From date of acknowledgement by SKILLSOLVE the cancellation charges are:-
• More than 20 working days before the course start date: - No Charge
• 11-20 working days before the course start date: - 20% of the full fees.
• Within 10 days of the course start date: - 100% of the full fees.
Where a Course Date is postponed by the Client, the above charges will apply. The cost of all course materials supplied will be charged. Ownership of materials supplied will pass to the Client only following payment of the above charges.
All business shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the Client submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. Prices are shown in Pounds Sterling (GBP).
Passport e-Learning and virtual training Products and Exams
Passport e-learning products are valid for a specified period (typically 7 days to 12 months) from the date of purchase. The software/learning content is assured and updated at no additional cost within the licence period. A valid email address and contact number must be supplied at the time of registration to facilitate the registration process.
• All examinations/workshops/blended-learning purchased to support the e-Learning are valid only for the duration of the Passport e-Learning licence period. Exams can be booked up to a maximum of 30 days in advance. If you are unable to attend a booked exam, a charge of £50+VAT will be made should you need to transfer to another date within the licence period. Cancellation of any exam after confirmation will not be eligible for any refund.
• Following the licence period, replacement/additional exams can be purchased at the published price. SKILLSOLVE reserve the right to postpone/refuse any examination resit should the delegate fail to demonstrate sufficient learning progress. Course and Exam Voucher redemption is subject to valid payment by the Customer/Provider.
• Subscriptions: Our continuous subscription plan allows your e-learning licence and exam entitlement to be extended by monthly payments. For an initial payment, you can enrol on the scheme for a minimum of 4 months after which your continuous subscription will be taken monthly typically 30 days in advance. You may cancel anytime with a 30 Days notice. To cancel your subscriptions, please email admin@Skillsolve.co.uk and make sure you get a confirmation that no further payments will be taken. Your licence (and exams if any) will not then be renewed and will expire within 30 days.
• The Learning Management System provides chat and forum facilities. Delegates should be aware that these facilities may be monitored/moderated and that any information provided will be attributed to their login name and made available to the wider audience. Delegates are reminded not to raise anything which may be commercially sensitive, defamatory or abusive.
• To book your exam during your licence period, please email admin@Skillsolve.co.uk giving three week's notice of your preferred exam date and we will make the necessary arrangements. Exams can be booked up to a maximum of 30 days in advance.
Virtual Training products are presented 'live' over the internet by an accredited trainer to a number of delegates.
• Each session may be recorded and made available to both virtual training delegates and other SKILLSOLVE clients. Virtual training delegates should be aware that any chat, discussion or comment made on the live presentation will be attributed to their username and will be visible as part of the recorded sessions. Delegates are reminded not to raise anything which may be commercially sensitive, defamatory or abusive.
• Virtual Training delegates can book their exam simply be emailing admin@Skillsolve.co.uk
All purchases made on www.Skillsolve.co.uk may be returned, at the purchaser's expense, un-used within 14 days of purchase for a full refund.
Due to the nature of the software products, by redeeming/installing/registering Passport e-Learning products you waive the right to any refund. Demo products are available to allow the client to be assured that the full product will work on their systems before purchase.
GDPR requires that organisations take care to ensure that data within their systems is processed fairly, timely and securely.
To ensure that we can provide product and implementation support to our clients during their course and into the implementation of their learning into practice, we record certain information regarding the client, including name, email and phone contact details, delivery and invoice details, purchase history, exam details.
The client can optionally subscribe to any of our newsletters or marketing materials. The client can change this subscription preference at any time via their Skillsolve.co.uk account or a link on each newsletter.
Certain client data will be made available to the partner, accredited trainer, accredited body and the examining institutes solely for the purpose of conducting the training course, booking of exams, assessment and certification.
It explains what we do with your personal information, why we want to use it, how we protect it and what rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
The most important fact is that it's your personal data. We have complete respect for your rights and we will only use it where necessary to deliver our services to you or your business, or to keep you up to date about developments in our products.
Information about us
SKILLSOLVE Training Ltd acts as both Data Controller and Data Processor. Our trading address is West Wing, Briggs House, 26 Commercial Road, Poole, Dorset BH14 0JR. We are registered in England, No. 7862020. If you want to contact us about any of the points in this notice, or just generally about how we protect your privacy, please email us at info@Skillsolve.co.uk.
The Purpose and Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
We use information for a few different purposes and these each have a different lawful basis.
If you are an existing SKILLSOLVE Customer, we hold your name and full contact details because we have a contractual obligation to deliver services to you. We need your contact details to deliver our services (such as send you update emails when you need to take actions, update you on our products, send you invoices and so on.) We also use your data to make our products and services smarter, faster, secure, integrated and useful to you.
We also use information about you and your purchases to ensure we can keep you abreast of changes which may affect your use of the products or any certifications/qualifications based thereon. We will continue to hold your information for six years from the date of your latest purchase for legal records.
If you are a previous SKILLSOLVE customer, in the six year period following the end of your subscription, we may continue to contact you with information about our services because we think you will find it useful. We believe we have a legitimate interest in this direct marketing activity (and this is also permitted under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations or "PECR") but you are always able to unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the emails we send, or by emailing us at info@Skillsolve.co.uk.
If you are a supplier or other business associated with SKILLSOLVE's field of work, we will hold your contact details because we have a legitimate interest in doing business with your company. We will aim to hold this information for three years since we were last in contact with you.
If you're not an existing customer, we may have your contact details on our marketing list so we can send you emails and newsletters about our services and products, along with information we think you may find useful. We will only send you this information if we have your consent (which you gave to us by ticking a consent box when you signed up to our lists or agreed to verbally over the phone). You may withdraw consent at any time - usually this is easiest by ticking the 'unsubscribe' option at the bottom of the information we send to you. You can also email us at info@Skillsolve.co.uk at any time. Please note that if you do this, we will delete your records on our marketing list. If you remain on our marketing list, we will hold your information for three years from the time we last checked that you wanted to receive communication from us.
If you call us, we may monitor and record communications with you, including emails and phone conversations. Any information we collect may be used for the daily operations of the business, training purposes and to ensure we fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on the site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an 'implied consent' policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use the site, or delete cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser's anonymous usage setting (called Incognito in Chrome, InPrivate for Internet Explorer, Private Browsing in Firefox and Safari etc).
First Party Cookies are cookies that are set by the website directly and include Session Cookies and Google Analytics Cookies.
Session Cookies are used to remember your login for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled, then various site functionality will be broken. Session cookies also allow users to be recognised within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you make is remembered from page to page. The most common example of this is a 'shopping cart' functionality which means that your selection is remembered as you browse an e-commerce site.
Third Party Cookies are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site which allow visitors to share content on social networks. Cookies are currently set by LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Live Chat and Google+. In order to implement these buttons and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that some of these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing around the internet, including our site. If you are concerned, you should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete such information.
The help menu on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
Who We Share your Personal Data With
We use a number of different training providers and examination institutes (acting as data processors) who provide subject-matter related training and/or examinations to enable us to operate our business and the services we provide to our customers. Your personal data may be transferred to these data processors who generally fall under the following categories:
• Website analytics service providers
• Website and data hosting service providers
• Email, contacts and calendar service providers
• Telephone network service providers
• Accounting software service providers
For security reasons (to reduce the risk of phishing attacks on our customers) we do not name all our service providers in this privacy notice. The types of personal data we hold about you (and that may be transferred to our data processors) are set out above. Please contact us at info@Skillsolve.co.uk if you want further information on specific data processors or the types of personal data they process for us.
Other Circumstances in which we may share personal data with third parties
We may also share your personal data with the following third parties in certain circumstances:
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities (such as regulatory bodies) if required by applicable law.
We may share personal information with third parties to whom we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our organisation or assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other organisations or merge with them. If a change happens in our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We may share personal information with professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, or auditors in order for them to provide legal, accounting or auditing services to us.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties and we will never share your information with third parties for marketing purposes other than our own marketing activity.
International Transfers of Personal Data and the Measures in Place to Safeguard It
We do not directly transfer any of your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of our data processors may do so and this section explains the impact of these international transfers and how your information is protected.
Many of our data processors operate 'cloud-based systems', which means the information is held in information data centres in different locations. All the cloud-based systems we use reserve the right to hold copies of your personal information outside the EEA to hold back-up copies, so they can guarantee recovery.
In each case we and / or our processors use one or more of the following means that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of abuse:
Certain processors may transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
Providers storing data in the U.S. may be self-certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to the personal data shared between Europe and the U.S.
Please contact us at info@Skillsolve.co.uk if you want further information on the specific mechanisms used by our data processors when transferring your personal data outside of the EEA.
Your Personal Data Rights
The personal data we hold about you is your data, so you have certain rights over it. This section summarises your rights. You can exercise any or all of these rights when you choose, and the easiest way is by dropping us an email at info@Skillsolve.co.uk.
Where we are processing your data based on your consent (e.g. for marketing purposes) you can withdraw that consent and we must immediately stop processing your data. Please note that up to that point, we're acting lawfully with your consent, withdrawal of consent cannot be backdated.
You have the right to request a copy of all personal data we hold relating to you and we must provide this within 30 days. You also have the right to require us to correct any records that are wrong.
You have the right to require us to erase personal data and we must comply unless we need it for one of the purposes described above (for example, if we hold a live contract for you). We also retain the right to keep data that is needed to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
Where we process your data based on a 'legitimate interest' (underlined in the section on Purpose and Lawful basis, above) you still have the right to object to our processing of that data. From that point, we must stop processing your data until we have determined whether your rights override our interests.
Finally, you may have the right to have your personal data transferred to another organisation and we're obliged to provide it to you in a clear and reasonable format.
Other Purposes for Processing Personal Data
We don't process your personal data for any other purpose than we've described here. We won't sell your personal data to other companies.
As we develop the SKILLSOLVE range of products, we might add a new data process to our platform that uses your personal information. Should we decide that we want to develop a new processing purpose, we will contact you to let you know what we intend to do, the lawful basis we will use, and your rights over our intended new processing. We'll also publish information about it here.
Our Contractual Requirements to Use Your Personal Data
If you're a SKILLSOLVE customer or supplier, it's a requirement that we collect personal information from you so that we can enter into a contract with your company.
Your Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Regulator
At all times, you have the right to report a concern or lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Please refer to the ICO at https://ico.org.uk or by calling them on 0303 123 1113.
Of course, we hope that we can resolve your issue quickly and fairly - you can contact us at info@Skillsolve.co.uk.