The following modules aim to give you a thorough understanding of each course topic:
- Introduction to Service Strategy - This module addresses the core concepts of Service Strategy in terms of its purpose, objectives, scope and its relationship to the other ITIL® lifecycle stages.
- Service Strategy Principles - This module covers the elements of Service Strategy that are necessary to understand, use and apply the processes within Service Strategy to create business value.
- Service Strategy Processes - This module covers the managerial and supervisory aspects of Service Strategy processes. It excludes the day-to-day operation of the processes which are covered in the service capability phase.
- Governance - This unit covers the strategic level concepts of governance as it relates to Service Strategy.
- Organising for Service Strategy - This module covers the concepts of organisational considerations as they relate to Service Strategy.
- Technology Considerations - This module covers the technology considerations for Service Strategy including service automation, analytics and technology interfaces.
- Implementing Service Strategy - The ITIL® approach for implementing Service Strategy.
- Service Strategy Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks - This module looks at what difficulties and challenges may be ahead, and what measurements need to be put in place in order to ensure targets are met.
Candidates are required to have completed the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and have a minimum of two years relevant IT experience.
Please note that as of May 2015 PeopleCert requires evidence of this certificate. In order to sit the exam you must provide a paper photocopy of your ITIL Foundation Certificate.
Please ensure you bring this with you on the first day of your course. If you fail to do so you will NOT be able to sit the exam.