11 Mar 2019 - £699.00
All prices are ex VAT
The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK government's best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions. This provides a step by step guide to developing a business case.
Who Will the Course Benefit?
The course will benefit those responsible for developing and producing spending proposals or their assessment and approval. In particular; Accounting Officers; Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and Project Managers; Directors of Finance, procurement and planning; Members of approvals and management boards; Consultants - responsible for supporting the public sector and Supply Chain Members.
• Provide improved understanding of the Better Business Case process, relevant to both those responsible for producing business cases and those who approve them.
• Provide an understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) levels.
• Provide core business competency for any Manager or Director.
• Reduce unnecessary spend and optimize public value.
• Reduce consultancy costs.
• Improve quality of decision making.
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Exam time: Wednesday
Exam duration: 40 minutes
Pass rate: 50%
We recommend at least 10 hours' pre-study
Evening study required throughout duration of the course